Find Your Center
Find Your Balance • 6m 30s
Where is your center… really? Often our perception of where our center is doesn’t align with reality. We end up defaulting to patterns and positions that perpetuate our imbalances, even as we try to correct them.
Find your center! Use this Reset with Erin to put center into context by feeling how balance supports your everyday movement. You’ll become more aware of how you’re moving, improve your posture, and gain a strong foundation to support you, no matter where you’re heading.
Take your balance practice further:
• Use Establish a Blueprint for Center, Stand and Balance, and Stand and Balance Flow. Find all suggested videos right here in Find Your Balance. Also use Self-Test videos from Erin’s debut book HIT RESET (in A4Y Shop).
• Download your free A4Y Practice Plan to plan, track, and review your week of balance.
• Share your practice using #athletesforyoga — we love to cheer you on!
Up Next in Find Your Balance
Establish a Blueprint for Center
Exclusive routine from HIT RESET: Revolutionary Yoga for Athletes!
You are engineered for balance, so it makes sense that you're at your best when you're in balance. Lying down with your feet on the wall mimics standing and gives you the opportunity to observe (without the work of standing and ba...
Stand and Balance
When is the last time you stood on one leg? Consider this: All your forward motion is a series of single leg balances. And yet, when we halt our usual pace and search for balance in stillness, it can feel illusive — we wobble, shake, and sometimes fall. Use this routine to strengthen your balance...
Standing Balance Flow
Challenge your standing balance while activating and strengthening your core and the muscles that stabilize your ankles, knees, and hips — adding more stability and power to all your movement.
- Focus: balance
- Key muscles: quads, hips, core
- When: pre-workout or cross-training