Yoga for Marathon Training • 5m 12s
Use this meditation daily to stay focused on your running goal and why it's important to you and, more important, see and feel your ability to close the gap between where you are now, and where you want to be.
- Focus: mental focus, performance
- When: pre- or post-workout
- Suggested prop: bolster or pillow
Up Next in Yoga for Marathon Training
Workout Day Warm Up
Use this dynamic warm up to encourage turnover while connecting your mind, body, and breath. Incorporates low reps to hit all your key running muscles quickly including activation for your glutes, back, and core to help you get the most out of the miles ahead.
- Focus: warm up, performance
- Key ...
Running Efficiency Boost
Use this routine to strengthen your glutes and core, increase hip mobility, improve arm swing, and optimize your form for the miles ahead.
- Focus: strength, performance
- Key muscles: glutes, hips, core, back, shoulders
- When: pre-run or cross-training
- Suggested props: strap/belt/tie, 2 block...
High Mileage Reset
Use this full body Reset after a big week of mileage, and especially during your peak weeks to absorb all of your hard work and ensure you don't dip into deficit. Embrace this recovery time is just as important and equally as productive as the miles themselves.
- Focus: recovery
- Key muscles: ca...