Morning Warm Up Flow with Stephanie Howe
Base Week — Glute Strength + Hammy Flexibility • 9m 22s
Wake up and get ready to run! Join professional ultra and trail runner Stephanie Howe for her full body morning warm up routine to wake up your breath, mind, and body, and to express gratitude for the day ahead.
- Focus: warm up
- Key muscles: calves, achilles, hamstrings, hips, core, back, shoulders
- When: first thing in the morning, pre-workout
- Suggested props: blocks
Up Next in Base Week — Glute Strength + Hammy Flexibility
Power Your Push Off
Your glutes are the Boss of your "push off," so make sure they're doing their job. Use this routine to activate and strengthen your butt while mimicking forward motion to add stability and power to your stride.
- Focus: strength, performance
- Key muscles: hips, glutes
- When: pre-run or cross-tr...
Workout Day Warm Up
Use this dynamic warm up to encourage turnover while connecting your mind, body, and breath. Incorporates low reps to hit all your key running muscles quickly including activation for your glutes, back, and core to help you get the most out of the miles ahead.
- Focus: warm up, performance
- Key ...
Flexible Running Hamstrings
Can't touch your toes? No big deal. Your hamstrings should be like rubber bands, not guitar strings. This Reset will encourage your hammies to become more elastic and increase the fluidity of your stride.
- Focus: hamstring flexibility
- Key muscles: hamstrings, hips
- When: pre- or post-workout